Relocation Specialists for New York City and the Tri-State Region
A Relocation Service for Individuals
Are You Moving on Your Own?
Moving to the Tri-State area can be daunting and confusing! This is true whether you work in NY City and want to live
in the suburbs and thus can commute from 3 different states (NY, CT, NJ). Or whether you want to work and live in NY
City, and you see you have 5 boroughs to choose from. We tailor our services to meet your needs and budget, which are
determined during our initial contact. Here are some highlights of what you can expect from us (more details farther
down the page):
- Advise which states, towns, communities, commutes, schools might best meet your requirements.
- Connect you with the best agents in the most desirable towns in the suburbs as well as in the city.
- Provide recommendations for mortgage lenders/brokers.
- Maintain contact with you throughout the entire home search process.
- Save you time and money.
- Current local real estate market conditions
- Buying vs. Renting
- What to expect if you're the buyer
- What to expect if you're the renter
- Local real estate practices and procedures
- How long the homefinding process should take
- Some important steps to take ahead of time:
Open a checking account
Get a verification of employment letter
Check your credit rating if you suspect a problem
Get pre-approved for mortgage
- City vs. suburbs
- Commuting options
- Description of communities
- Property and school taxes
- Comparative cost of buying or renting in each community
- Public, private and parochial schools
- Entrance age requirements
- Needs of spouses
- Hobbies and recreation
- Motor Vehicle questions
Customized Information Package
- Commuting schedules
- Community profiles
- Buying and renting procedures
- Sample listings
- Other as appropriate
- Detailed itinerary
- American culture and customs
- American educational system
- Fair Housing Laws
- Government services
- "Where do I call to get...?"